Wednesday 29 June 2011

Trying to find a perfect lipstick - old wives tale!

Lipsticks should be tried on the lips people!!!!! Not on the fingertips, unless that's where you plan on wearing it!

Now, I appreciate that after my last post, you're all thinking....what.....she was harping on about hygiene the other day but I don't mean walking up to a counter and using the lipstick from the stand. Please feel free to ask the staff to give you a lip brush or indeed apply it for you. They should (if they are hygiene aware) sanitise their hands, clean the lipstick and then scrape some of the product and place on the back of the hand, then using a lipbrush, pick up the colour and apply to your lips. That way they don't have to put the brush back to the lipstick.

As for the fingertip theory, I'll share a story that a colleague relayed to me. This makeup artist had a customer who couldn't decide between 2 colours, she tried them on in the store, then tried them both again in the daylight, then back to the counter to try them again. She asked my colleague her opinion, but didn't listen (which is your prerogative) and finally after 40mins, I kid you not, she pronounced that she knew exactly how to decide! "I'll try them on the tips of my fingers, I read it in a magazine, it's the closest colour to your lips, you know"

Oh my god!!! You've had them on your lips!!!!! Besides if you really believe that theory, why didn't you do that 40mins ago and save yourself the time!

I'm not telling you that you can't use the tips of your fingers if you want, all I'm saying is don't bother doing it after you've actually tried them on your lips. This is where you will be wearing it after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment